Jayesh Ghatge, our beloved WordsMaya student has written to us , how to an make an omlette, Indian style.
Read on, to know the secret recipe !
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped. onions
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped firm deseeded tomato (optional)
- Salt as needed
Green chilies as needed or indian spices (chilli powder,garam masala,etc.)
- Pinch of turmericPinch of turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp. Oil
- Coriander leaves finely chopped few
How to make the recipe:
- Wash and chop onions, tomatoes, chilies, coriander leaves
- Mix together with salt and turmeric
- Break the eggs to the bowl and check for shells.
- Beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add oil to a pan and heat it on a medium flame. Do not let the pan turn very hot, it will brown the omelette without cooking well.
- Pour the egg mixture, allow to cook until set on a medium flame.
When the base firms up, flip it to the other side and cook till done.
- Sprinkle crushed pepper or chilli powder if you like.
Egg omlete can be eaten with bread (bun), Indian flat bread ( Chapattis)
Enjoy the yummy brekfast.
Did you like it? Let us know, on the comments section. 🙂